At Crowd Favorite, we’re protective of our culture, our process, and our clients, and we’d rather be understaffed than hire the wrong person. When you do join our team, though, you’ll quickly realize this isn’t like other jobs. It’s a transformative experience.
We’re currently seeking an experienced developer to work on a variety of WordPress sites and projects in our ongoing client support department. Our ideal candidate is someone who finds satisfaction in solving challenges in a support environment. He or she is willing to take initiative, is capable of managing competing tasks on their own, yet also embraces working together as a team.
Here’s what you can expect:
You won’t be micromanaged. We’re not looking for order-followers. You’ll be given responsibility and flexibility to make your own decisions.
You’ll find a true balance. Crowd Favorite isn’t a boiler room. We’d generally rather you work smart and take time to recharge.
You’ll be part of a real team. We’re a tight-knit group that respects and supports each other. You’ll know your team has your back.
- A competitive benefits package
- Flexibility, you can work from home
- Premium membership to a leading private health system
- The possibility of growth in the company
- And others
Need we say more?
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has excellent communication skills
- Has excellent problem-solving skills, including analysis and identification of the problem, and clearly outlining a path to a solution
- Can review and interpret business and technical requirements
- Can write modern, standards-compliant PHP for WordPress
- Can write modern, standards-compliant CSS
- Is familiar with the WordPress coding standards including plugin and template structures
- Knows their way around MySQL
- Has an understanding of issues related to scaling and high-performance websites
- Knows their way around a server—basic web server configuration, cron management, package management (apt or similar), basic shell familiarity, and other housekeeping skills
- Has a fundamental understanding of REST
- Has an understanding of virtualization and experience with some flavor of VirtualBox, Vagrant, etc.
- Has an understanding of Git and adherence to a workflow, including deployment tools
- Has familiarity with task runners and contribute to Front End workflows (Gulp/Grunt, Sass compilers, etc.)
- Can collaborate with other engineers, designers, and business analysts in a remote team environment
While not required, we’d love it if you had experience/familiarity with:
- Using and extending WP-CLI
- Configuration and deployment of Varnish
- Building and managing software testing, including:
- Performance testing
- Unit testing
- Integration testing
- Acceptance testing
- Writing scripted migrations
- Sharing your knowledge through training, blog posts, or documentation
- Working in a fully remote position
- Working on side projects
Is Crowd Favorite the right place for you? If you’re interested in exploring a career with us, get in touch! We look forward to getting to know you.
To apply please use this form and send us your CV!